Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Install Related Question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header Install Related Question.

Wasn't really sure if this is the right place to post this question but here it goes:

Does anyone have a beltdrive setup for our cars (mine is a 2000 Z)?

When changing the headers I also replaced the motor mounts so I had to take off the alternator and AC condensor, i.e. the belts, and since it was my first time doing this I dont really remember how they go.

If anyone has a pic or any helpful suggestions or tips on how to best get them back on, since they are pretty tight, let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Anatoli
Old 07-19-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

there is a tensioner that you can move with a wrench and it allows the belts to go on. Some others may be able to explain it better but you should see one with a bolt on it just turn and slide the belt over.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

there is a diagram of how the belt is feed on your driver side inner fender. over the tensioner, under the water pump around the powerstr pump, around the alt and under the main. from memory, not 100% air goes on first around comp, under tensioner around main. good luck
Old 07-19-2006, 11:01 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put mine on all the way and slip it over the tensioner last, but some like to slip it under the water pump last because it's smooth.