Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just installed SLP lid!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default just installed SLP lid!!

it only took less than 10 min. everything went in good. really tight fit too. i was able to get it lined up and able to clamp it down without having any clamps pop off. good tight fit. i didnt get to go for a test run to feel the sotp effect. but overall damn good product!! i would recommend this lid for anybody or newbie looking for a first mod. if only tbyrne can hurry up and send out our magnaflow catbacks already..
Old 07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you end up doing with the A.I.R. hose?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

whats up iron sights, well i wasnt sure how the air hose would go. so i just bolted it on the tubing that comes with it.. but it is kinda irritating seeing it just sit there.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Hope you love the SLP lid. I love mine. Esp the sound.

I took my air and crankcase ventilation crap out. Gets in the way and makes the engine bay look cramped. F that stuff. 99% of cars still have it so Mother Nature still wins.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
whats up iron sights, well i wasnt sure how the air hose would go. so i just bolted it on the tubing that comes with it.. but it is kinda irritating seeing it just sit there.
Glad everything worked out. Who needs cats anyway?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
it only took less than 10 min. everything went in good. really tight fit too. i was able to get it lined up and able to clamp it down without having any clamps pop off. good tight fit. i didnt get to go for a test run to feel the sotp effect. but overall damn good product!! i would recommend this lid for anybody or newbie looking for a first mod. if only tbyrne can hurry up and send out our magnaflow catbacks already..

I think the SLP lid is good as well and it looks good when you pop the hood. I would also recommend this lid as a first mod. It was my first mod.......
Old 07-20-2006, 06:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

i closed my hood and it fit perfectly. it didnt rub on the hood or anything.. nice and easy..
Old 07-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Resident

as long as you don't do the smoothe bellow it will likely continue to fit good. it seems like everyone with fitment issues has the smoothe bellow and people with the stock bellow have a perfect fit every time. i have a stock bellow and my SLP lid fits like a dream. awesome quality!
Old 08-06-2006, 02:18 AM
12 Second Club

Instead of making a new thread I'll just revive this one. I've had my slp air lid for a while now and I've never really gotten it to fit really well. I do have the smooth bellow which ChocoTaco says is the source of my problem but unfortunently for me I can't find the stock one. However, I've looked at some other sources. Is it necessary to install the gasket that comes with the K&N filter around the lid? The lid seems to fit better without the gasket, which makes sense, but I'm worried that if I take out the gasket unfiltered air would get past the cold air intake/filter through the slits by the sides.
Another thing, the bottom of the lid neck is rubbing on the radiator support, anyone know how this might effect the lid-filter seal?
Old 08-06-2006, 02:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

something else you can do is get a bigger fitting bellow or boil the one you have....i went the fernco mod way seeing as i wouldnt blow 50 bucks on a bellow...i boiled mine and it fit on the maf perfect.....thats another thing, what the hell are you people talking about.....the bellow doesnt touch the lid, so how can there be a fitment issue? if there is one is how your maf fits into the bellow...or the bellow lips up with the tb
Old 08-06-2006, 03:06 AM
12 Second Club

The bellow slips over the MAF and TB just fine. True, the bellow does not touch the lid itself, but it does create a fitment problem. The lid itself with no MAF or bellow fits perfectly with no slits. With the addition of the bellow in my case, maybe because of its flexibility (or lack there of) along with its design kind of "twists" the MAF/Lid unit out of place, therefore creating a fitment issue. What i've done to mostly correct the problem was to install the bellow onto the TB first and then force the MAF/Lid unit onto the already fixed bellow and tightening the worm clamps while forcing the lid in place. However, there it is still not fitting as well as it should be, there are pretty big slits around the lid and over time and heat the forced position begins to slip and fitment worsens.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the SLP smooth below along with the SLP Lid. I didn't have any fitment issues, it was just a little tight getting it on.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackBADaSS02
I have the SLP smooth below along with the SLP Lid. I didn't have any fitment issues, it was just a little tight getting it on.
I got the lid,maf, and bellow and all fit great.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry off topic.........Does anyone know what size the bellow is? I'm trying to make my own and dont know what size tubing it is.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have never had the stock bellow as mine came with a smooth bellow,when i bought it, but no fitimet issue's at all with it. i think the people having issue's may need some "special" help. or some muscles. it requires a tiny bit of pushing but nothing to complain about.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

the fitment perfect with mine as well, only it rubs my hood
Old 08-06-2006, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

So the question still stands, is the gasket that comes with the K&N filter necessary to install on the lid or does the lid seal well enough to the filter already?