Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Alt's to Vortech heat exhanger and pump??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 12:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Alt's to Vortech heat exhanger and pump??

I am missing the heat exchanger, water pump and resevoir for the Vortech aftercooler system. I'm looking all over the internet for solutions other than calling vortech who seem to think thier stuff is made of gold.

For the heat exhanger, is that just a glorified tranny cooler?? Searching through turbo guys setups this seems to be the case?? I can get a nice little cooler with a fan from Summit for a reasonable price is that a good way to go any considerations??

Looking at the water pump, I did find the pump wih the kit is a Bosch pump, the 03 lightning has a bosch pump which can be had for a good price.

The resevoir is just a container I can do something with PVC or use a Jazz cell or something..

Then just follow the instructions for mounting it like the setup that comes with the Aftercooler.

I could probably do all that for under 300 which I think is cheaper then the heat exchanger itself from Vortech....

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Bobby
Old 07-21-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or do I need something more like this????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-L...spagenameZWD7V
Old 07-21-2006, 06:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll sell you my pump. I'm taking it off so I can install a Lightning pump...

On the exchanger, watch the inlet and outlet size. Most tranny/oil coolers only have 3/8" fittings, whereas the vortech and others need 5/8" or 3/4" fittings.

Mike