Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Owned a cummins

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owned a cummins

So my friends and I are sittin at a gas station last night after getting refreshments and some snacks when this big *** dodge turbo diesel plows through the parking lot. I thought nothing of it and commented on how loud it was, before the guy left he stopped and asked if anyone wanted to "run um" my friends and I just looked at each other with a dazed and confused look on our faces and asked the guy if he was serious. He then proceeded to say he had a chip and all kinds of gizmos and gadgets, claiming some big power. So we accepted his offer and got on the highway and ran from 60mph, needless to say I blew his doors off. After he got owned he got off the highway and my buddy in his LT1 descided to run him after they got back on the highway. The LT1 only beat him by a fender......when we stopped to talk to the guy he acts like my cars a god and asks what I have done to it, I told him its your basic stock LS1 and he was like "Thats a Corvette motor right?" I just sighed and walked away. I really thought this diesel was gonna have more to offer than it did.....I have seen some nasty diesel trucks out there, but this one wasnt what the owner made it out to be.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:50 AM
Staging Lane

i rember when i lived in dallas there was a turbo diesel that was owning everyone at the races...i saw him beat corvettes

at least the Lt-1 didnt lose..
Old 07-25-2006, 07:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TX99LS1
So my friends and I are sittin at a gas station last night after getting refreshments and some snacks when this big *** dodge turbo diesel plows through the parking lot. I thought nothing of it and commented on how loud it was, before the guy left he stopped and asked if anyone wanted to "run um" my friends and I just looked at each other with a dazed and confused look on our faces and asked the guy if he was serious. He then proceeded to say he had a chip and all kinds of gizmos and gadgets, claiming some big power. So we accepted his offer and got on the highway and ran from 60mph, needless to say I blew his doors off. After he got owned he got off the highway and my buddy in his LT1 descided to run him after they got back on the highway. The LT1 only beat him by a fender......when we stopped to talk to the guy he acts like my cars a god and asks what I have done to it, I told him its your basic stock LS1 and he was like "Thats a Corvette motor right?" I just sighed and walked away. I really thought this diesel was gonna have more to offer than it did.....I have seen some nasty diesel trucks out there, but this one wasnt what the owner made it out to be.
Rofl! Nice kill!

Wait til you run into a low 11 second one. Damn things are quick when modded heavy.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

We have a couple turbo diesels that run at the track with like 5'' smoke stacks comming out the bed of the truck. You have to wait until the smoke clears to see his time. I've seen them hit 11's...
Old 07-25-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

two diesels goin at it. Dodge VS Chevy - look at the times!!!!!

http://video.ls1tech.com/search/dies...8c08ad329f.htm

Last edited by Nate81Camaro; 07-25-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

So just because you beat him makes it a slow diesel. He was obviously clueless as to what he was racing but a 13 second diesel truck is by no means slow. Good kills.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

He doesn’t know what fast is IMO, some people think a stock 14 sec 5.0 mustang is fast. It’s all relative. It all depends on what you perceive as fast.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Ya gotta remember though, he is about 7500 lbs if it was a 4x4.