Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

335/35/17 Hoosier DRs on 17x11s on 99 Z28...Will They Fit??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 335/35/17 Hoosier DRs on 17x11s on 99 Z28...Will They Fit??

I've been searching around on here and even posted on a couple threads, but haven't heard a definite yes or no that these tires will fit on my 17x11s and not stick out past the fender lip.

I want them to sit flush with the outside edge of the wheelwell or tuck (if possible). I don't mind cutting off the bumpstops or BFH'ing the inner fenders a bit. I just want them it clear and not look goofy (stick out past the wheel well).

I've heard rumors that they fit. Does anyone have pics of these tires mounted on a 52mm (not sure if this is exact, but NOT the 38mm) offset zr1 on a camaro??

Help me out guys, I want some sticky tires for these 17x11s pronto!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

Well I answered my own question..sorta

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=302164

Looks like they have a 315/35/17 out now

Anybody know how well these work (60ft wise) and how many miles to expect street driving?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RM99Z
Anybody know how well these work (60ft wise) and how many miles to expect street driving?

Buddy of mine hits 1.5 60's with them and he's a bad driver! I don't think he's got more than 2k miles out of a set though, they're about as close to a full slick as you can get.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
Buddy of mine hits 1.5 60's with them and he's a bad driver! I don't think he's got more than 2k miles out of a set though, they're about as close to a full slick as you can get.
You're just sayin that cuz you want me to trade you wheels! Just kidding man.

I probably wouldnt have started the thread about trading wheels if I'd seen these in a 315. I just went to their site and they said they were available. I just hadnt seen them anywhere til I really searched.

Are they about the same as an et street? They look like they are from the pics I've seen. If I can get 5K miles out of them and they'll pull a 1.5 60', I'll order a set tomorrow
Old 08-02-2006, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RM99Z
You're just sayin that cuz you want me to trade you wheels! Just kidding man.

I probably wouldnt have started the thread about trading wheels if I'd seen these in a 315. I just went to their site and they said they were available. I just hadnt seen them anywhere til I really searched.

Are they about the same as an et street? They look like they are from the pics I've seen. If I can get 5K miles out of them and they'll pull a 1.5 60', I'll order a set tomorrow

HA! I didn't even notice both those threads were yours! Damn--no trade!!

Seriously though, those tires will dead hook...with good suspension you can pull way better than a 1.5 60'. No way you'll get 5k miles out of them if they see any track use though. The best mileage I've personally seen (I'm sure someone's seen better/worse) from drag radials that friends run:
bfg: ~4k miles
m/t: ~3k miles
nitto: ~7k miles
hoosier: ~2k miles
M/T's or Hoosiers are obviously the stickiest choices, but the more grip from a tire = faster wear. Both the guys that ran the m/t's and hoosiers were about 50/50 track/street. I plan on running bfg's when I get new wheels!!! C'mon!!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
HA! I didn't even notice both those threads were yours! Damn--no trade!!

Seriously though, those tires will dead hook...with good suspension you can pull way better than a 1.5 60'. No way you'll get 5k miles out of them if they see any track use though. The best mileage I've personally seen (I'm sure someone's seen better/worse) from drag radials that friends run:
bfg: ~4k miles
m/t: ~3k miles
nitto: ~7k miles
hoosier: ~2k miles
M/T's or Hoosiers are obviously the stickiest choices, but the more grip from a tire = faster wear. Both the guys that ran the m/t's and hoosiers were about 50/50 track/street. I plan on running bfg's when I get new wheels!!! C'mon!!
Haha..sorry man, I may have to have that thread deleted if I order these hoosiers.

I think I can make them last a while, I don't drive the car too often (couple days a week), and when I do it's not for any real long distances. From your comparison I guess I go pretty easy on tires. The Nittos on my car now have been on there for about 7K miles and they've got about 75% tread left and have seen about 15-18 passes at the track. I also heard a rumor from a local guy about his m/t's lasting 10K miles. He only went to the track on them a couple times though.
I just want a tire that will hook up well on the street AND track. I'll probably run the car in september when it cools off again a couple times, then wait til it warms up in march/april and run a couple more weekends then. This car is more of a nice weather cruiser/go out with the friends and rip on it kinda car. These nittos just suck with the new power and it's just blowing them off thru 2nd now.

Anybody wanna buy some 315/35/17 nitto 555r's w/ about 75% tread left?