Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just a general Turbo question with 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just a general Turbo question with 93 octane

I am looking to geta turbo system eventually. I was doing a bit of research and I am trying to figure some things out here. I saw that GMR had their twin turbo system make 700+ rwhp on 93 octane. I am still choosing between their system and the STS rear mount which would be done by Cartek. I visit cartek and they have many LS1 and 2 engine cars going in the 9's with the rear mount setup. Now do you think those cars are hitting 9's and 10's on 93 octane? or race fuel? I'm just trying to see what the most power you can pump out of a STS rear mount is on 93 octane.

Also, i've always wondered about something with strip cars. IF you use your car on both the street and strip and you put race fuel in your tank to use more boost, what happens when you are done at the track and you still have high race fuel octane in your engine? I mean does it mess with the computer tune on your engine when you go back to using the car on the street since it now has a higher octane in it? And does mixing race fuel with regular super gas 93 gas do anything in terms of drivability on the street?

I mean i am new to this, so bare with me. I am just trying to understand. They may sound like dumb questions to some of you, but they are learning experiences to me.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My turbo kit is still being built, but when ever I went to the track I always drove there with less than an 1/8 of a tank of 93 octane and then added/mixed in 3 gallons of unleaded 100 octane. At the end of the night I would fill up with 93 octane and never had any problems.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbanditz28
I saw that GMR had their twin turbo system make 700+ rwhp on 93 octane. I am still choosing between their system and the STS rear mount .

there is a huge difference between a GMR twin system and a sts rear mount, those kits are night and day. ur talking a couple thousand dollar diffrence, if u want to run under 11s, i say stay away from sts, but then again i dont have a sts system.......
Old 08-12-2006, 01:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redbanditz28
....I visit cartek and they have many LS1 and 2 engine cars going in the 9's with the rear mount setup.....
Not F-bodies.... but if you are a Vette guy then disregard...

Quick Reply: Just a general Turbo question with 93 octane