Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

caught in a delima

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caught in a delima

well the winter is coming up and i have a few options to look at. my 98 vette needs a new trans rear end clutch for sure and most likely gonna try to do a new motor. heres teh delima,
1. i was gonna go w/ lme's 347 forged shortblock for aroudn 2800. afr's prolly 205 reworked. w/a monster cam fully built t56 from flp and a dynatech 3.90.
well heres the thing, been thinking im trying for one of the quickest daily driven stock cubic inch c5's. i have been seeing stock shortblocks w/ 20-30k for around $700 in good shape. also ls6 heads are around $500 for a used set. my though was is it worth me spending less money on the stock stuff and do you think i can still get this car in teh bottom 11's N/A? im sure its doable but for how long. i will be getting a rebuilt t56 and gonna have to buy the dyna tech 3.90's so no way around that. what do you guys think, this car is not being built for the road coarse this car will be built for the 1/4mile. it has 107k on it. thats why the need for all the new stuff and dont really trust my trans that much nor do i trust the rear end at all.

Thanks for the help
Tom