Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed budget kit - Big Mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phamspeed budget kit - Big Mistake?

Well I'm finally getting around to installing everything. Got the hot parts on and have the turbo just sitting on there for now. It's a T6 flange so I'm having a T6-T4 adapter made in case I end up going with a T4 in the future. This thing definatley has NO ground clearance. I had Eibach sportlines on the car for quite a while and put my stock rear springs back in. I can't find my stock fronts so this is what it looks like with the sportlines. About 2" of clearance.

Here is a shot with the car raised to simulate stock springs. Still only about 3" of clearance.

Few random pics of the engine compartment. Should have plenty of room for a custom radiator and FAL pusher fans.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got the header kit and i very rarely scrape it. Although i aint lowered. Everyone wiht the phamspeed kit has the same issue. As long as u dont go of roading or doin 40 over speed bumps ur fine. GL man

John
Old 09-06-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
I got the header kit and i very rarely scrape it. Although i aint lowered. Everyone wiht the phamspeed kit has the same issue. As long as u dont go of roading or doin 40 over speed bumps ur fine. GL man

John
Which kit do you have? The forward facing with the tubular headers or the budget kit like me with shorty headers?
Old 09-06-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i only have 3" (no more) of clearance on my forward facing header kit. It's rough for everyone, just drive like a grandma over speed bumps and watch for debris on roads/highways...
Old 09-08-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

Does anyone know how to reroute these things differently at a muffler shop or something???
Old 09-08-2006, 02:39 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JerikSS
Does anyone know how to reroute these things differently at a muffler shop or something???
A muffler shop with a turbo kit?

That would be a BIG mistake.

Quick Reply: Phamspeed budget kit - Big Mistake?