Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

More fuel problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More fuel problems

Pressure is droping 10psi at WOT above 5000 rpm. It is set at 70, goes up to 80, and comes back down above 5000 rpm. I know 70 is high. But it isn't my doing. The tuner set it up like that. The reg. is boost senstive. I guess one of 2 things could be going on. Losing boost, and it is letting it out like that, OR voltage is droping, and it is effecting the pump? It still pulls hard with part throttle, so I don't think it is boost problem, but I will double check.
Fuel system is nasty performance rails, reg, line, and 340 intank pump with 60lb. injectors.
Any thought why we are losing that much pressure? It seems like a lot of people are running a boost a pump with upgraded systems. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of having a larger intank pump?
Need help.........
Old 09-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Coal Mining Director

You're out of pump....it can't keep up the flow at those pressures so the pressure drops. You can try a BAP which increases the voltage to the pump...which increases it's ability to flow more fuel...or add a second in tank pump......or a really big external pump and delete the intank.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks. Anyone else?
I would think this would be plenty enough fuel, at least thats what I was told.