Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bad idea to use a ram adjustable clutch master cylinder with a cartek clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad idea to use a ram adjustable clutch master cylinder with a cartek clutch?

They are both sponsers on the board so I don't see a problem posting this up. I can get an adjustable master from ram cheaper than I can get a cartek adjustable master. Do you guys see any problem mixing the two?? opinions and advice welcome!
Old 09-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Launching!

I dont see why not? Its just a master cylinder providing pressure to your slave for engagement of your clutch. Tons of people are using the mcleod master with all kinds of different clutches
Old 09-11-2006, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

thanks alot anybody else have input?
Old 09-11-2006, 10:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

using a cartek clutch period is a bad idea, mine blew up and broke my windshield, tore up my harness, and destroyed my fuel lines, in my vette, let alone, what it could have done to me if it came into the drivers area, i would most likely be in a wheel chair right now.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
using a cartek clutch period is a bad idea, mine blew up and broke my windshield, tore up my harness, and destroyed my fuel lines, in my vette, let alone, what it could have done to me if it came into the drivers area, i would most likely be in a wheel chair right now.
you sure you dont me spec? have heard much of cartech clutches doing that unlike the specs. im on my 2nd cartek i ut 30,xxx miles on frist one with lots of n20 passes and hard running, when i got tranny rebuilt i put a new one in it just cause tranny was new. my old one was still going strong. and the new ones is going strong too

Quick Reply: Bad idea to use a ram adjustable clutch master cylinder with a cartek clutch?