Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Slave quick disconnect missing plastic release?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave quick disconnect missing plastic release?

Exactly what the title says I'm trying to remove my slave hyd line and the plastic piece which I believe is the release is missing? I'm going to go down and take a few pictures
Old 09-11-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had the same problem, after hours of tring to make some thing to release the little teeth in side I broke down and cut a piece of coke can and put in inbetween the male and female end then i cut a small V notch in the female end. I then had to pull the locking ring out with some needle noses and it came apart. Oh and it is alot easier just to pull the master cylender down and work on it when it is out of the car. or atleast it was for me. It was a PITA but I have got it to work like that 2 times. Just a thought. And trust me I feel your pain!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like search isn't working but I found that a brake bushing I found at pep boys worked perfect to push the v clip inside the disconnect in. I posted pictures and the part number and description of them in a couple different threads awhile back.

If search ever starts working again use "clutch quick disconnect" and look for my posts.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dal1as
Looks like search isn't working but I found that a brake bushing I found at pep boys worked perfect to push the v clip inside the disconnect in. I posted pictures and the part number and description of them in a couple different threads awhile back.

If search ever starts working again use "clutch quick disconnect" and look for my posts.
Damn I could have used your help the last time I was pulling the trans. thanks for the info.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Crap, search is working but I can't find the posts now. They were from a year or two ago.

If someone still needs the part number and description of what I used I still have the box of bushings and will post details later.

Nevermind. Found the old post.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...9&page=2&pp=20
Old 09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Awsome thanks a ton!! Gonna go buy this tomarrow and see how it works out!