Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My projected setup for next year...what would it be good for?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My projected setup for next year...what would it be good for?

Hey everyone. After seeing my buddy's twin turbo car, Ryan K's car, and just thinking it all over and researching it, I decided I want to build a single turbo setup for next year. Keep in mind I haven't been looking into it for that long, so please don't be too harsh. Here's what I'm thinking, please share your opinions:
-LQ4/9 iron block, sonic checked and bored .060" over
-Forged 3.9" crank/rods (making it 404ci)
-Custom cam (most likely reverse split)
-Ported Dart 225's (or similar...still to be determined...maybe even ported L92's)
-GMPP or sheetmetal intake
-T76 or T88 turbo...can't decide which yet. Need to research it more

So basically, I'd have a forged 404 with a big single turbo, backed by a built TH350 and probably a 4000 or so stall. I'm not really focused on an amount of horsepower, but I'm looking to build a car that consistently runs 10 flats and isn't horribly undriveable. Is it possible with a setup like the one I'm looking into? Please help. Thanks.
Adam
Old 09-17-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

I'd say go T88. What kind of raceweight we looking at? Plan on keeping AC? I'd say with that combo you'd have 9s all day. Easy LOW 10s
Old 09-17-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

No A/C, no radio, about 300# out of the car....don't know what that would leave me at, but it will be a light car with a tubular front end.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 8banger
No A/C, no radio, about 300# out of the car....don't know what that would leave me at, but it will be a light car with a tubular front end.
Tubular front end? Def. made for nines. I've seen lesser setup go deep 9s.. Get the suspension done up right. Good set of tires. and dialed in. EASY 9s, and still streetable.