Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What would you do?

Hey guys iam a little confused on what i should do next. I have a 2002 Camaro SS M6 it is not a daily driver just a weekend warrior..so far it has air lid, qtp headers, ORY, QTEC, T-Rex with all vavletrain work, 4.10's in the 10 bolt, 275/40/17 m/t drag radials. Since iam going to be going to the track more often i was thinking about getting a moser 12 bolt 33 spline w/posi and abs with 4.56's i was planning to run a 28' tire also at the track to match my gearing. But then i was also thinking of gettting a good set of flowing heads sumthing like 225 afr or trickflows. Im a little confused on what i should spend my money on because i know i cant have both at the same time yet so my question to yall is what would yall suggest if yall had around 4G to spend
Old 09-29-2006, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002camaross35th
Hey guys iam a little confused on what i should do next. I have a 2002 Camaro SS M6 it is not a daily driver just a weekend warrior..so far it has air lid, qtp headers, ORY, QTEC, T-Rex with all vavletrain work, 4.10's in the 10 bolt, 275/40/17 m/t drag radials. Since iam going to be going to the track more often i was thinking about getting a moser 12 bolt 33 spline w/posi and abs with 4.56's i was planning to run a 28' tire also at the track to match my gearing. But then i was also thinking of gettting a good set of flowing heads sumthing like 225 afr or trickflows. Im a little confused on what i should spend my money on because i know i cant have both at the same time yet so my question to yall is what would yall suggest if yall had around 4G to spend
My total experience is with an automatice but it sounds like to me you are on the right path to have a fun and fast car. If you have not Port and Polish your throttle body--then do it. The 4:10 gears are good gears for the track and there is a serious chance the rear will go out on these gears at the track--(trust me I know) so take it easy on the launches and work your way up.

I suggest you go to track and see what the car will do now and see where you are at? Then make one adjustment at a time and concentrate with that adjustment for maximum effect. The cam you have is aweson and deadly if tuned and shift at the right RPM's. I run 26 slicks at the track and run sizes 26.10.15 and 26.9.15. I recommend you get some slicks and lightweight wheels which will greatly aid in ET and MPH. The 28 inch tire is big and I have no experience with this-I know you have fabricate your fender wells to make it fit. It is my understanding that you can put 27 inch tires on there with no modifications to car. I personally like Hal shocks for tunning at the track by turning a button-pricey but well worth it if you go to the track alot. I also have a true dual exhaust on my car. Cheers and I hope this helps some.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Kent1
My total experience is with an automatice but it sounds like to me you are on the right path to have a fun and fast car. If you have not Port and Polish your throttle body--then do it. The 4:10 gears are good gears for the track and there is a serious chance the rear will go out on these gears at the track--(trust me I know) so take it easy on the launches and work your way up.

I suggest you go to track and see what the car will do now and see where you are at? Then make one adjustment at a time and concentrate with that adjustment for maximum effect. The cam you have is aweson and deadly if tuned and shift at the right RPM's. I run 26 slicks at the track and run sizes 26.10.15 and 26.9.15. I recommend you get some slicks and lightweight wheels which will greatly aid in ET and MPH. The 28 inch tire is big and I have no experience with this-I know you have fabricate your fender wells to make it fit. It is my understanding that you can put 27 inch tires on there with no modifications to car. I personally like Hal shocks for tunning at the track by turning a button-pricey but well worth it if you go to the track alot. I also have a true dual exhaust on my car. Cheers and I hope this helps some.
Yea i was thinken with one good dead hook the rear will go and take the driveshaft with the tranny. Thats why im a little iffy about taken it to the track as it is right now because i really wont get the most out of the t-rex with little 3000-3500 Rpm dumps......Still undecided any comments would help thanks
Old 09-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Launching!

I would say go for a rear first. And if you have $4G to spend upgrade the tranny too.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd go with the rear end , then suspension to hook .