General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Engine running pig rich..almost dying

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine running pig rich..almost dying

My son and I took the car for a drive last saturday and the engine started "spuddering" (running pig rich) so we parked it for the weekend and ordered some new O2 sensors, which have fixed the problem in the past. We got the new ones on tonight and took the car for a drive and as soon as it got good and heated it started again. So my question has two parts:

1. What is the part number for the wires going from the front 02 sensor to...whever they go. One was beginning to melt on the drivers side so we are gonna replace both. This is the wire the front O2 plugs into.

2. What else should I be checking if this doesnt fix the problem?

thanks in advance
Old 10-11-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lnuxhakr
My son and I took the car for a drive last saturday and the engine started "spuddering" (running pig rich) so we parked it for the weekend and ordered some new O2 sensors, which have fixed the problem in the past. We got the new ones on tonight and took the car for a drive and as soon as it got good and heated it started again. So my question has two parts:

1. What is the part number for the wires going from the front 02 sensor to...whever they go. One was beginning to melt on the drivers side so we are gonna replace both. This is the wire the front O2 plugs into.

2. What else should I be checking if this doesnt fix the problem?

thanks in advance
I think it'll fix it, I had melted wires and had the same symptoms, ran pig rich. Fix'em and you should be fine. And mine ran a little better when it was cold too. 10 minutes after start up and it was screwed. Both O2 wires were melting together against the headers.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Melted wires together are never good.. I had that happen to me after i installed my LT's and got stuck in Lake Charles, LO. Not a good thing. After that fix, it was good to go....