Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

temporary storage ofanls1

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default temporary storage ofanls1

I'm trying to get any tips on storing an ls1 for about 1 month. The engine was running when pulled from a donor car. I'm dropping the engine into a a 68 fire bird but will most likely not have the additional accesories ( FI gas tank, wiring harness, radiator) I need for about another month. Is there anything I need to do to the engine if I'm not going to start or run it until the end of November? I live in chicago and my garage is not heated if that makes a difference.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Conversion master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My engine sat in the garage for over a year before first startup. I did nothing to prep it and fired it right up.

Been running great for 4 years now.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its only a month, I wouldn't worry about much at all.

With the potential cold garage, you'd want to make sure it didn't have any questionable coolant left in it (some crazy folks run water). But other than that, I wouldn't worry much.

Now, if you think it'll be longer than a month or so, then you might think about pulling the plugs, shooting some oil in the cylinders (to keep everything lubed up). Might also change or drain the oil (if it isn't already) since used oil contains some level of acid.

'JustDreamin'