General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

service

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default service

i reached 60,000 miles. what kind of service do i need and what are the things in that service. i'm trying to do it myself since dealerships are to expensive
Old 11-02-2006, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the manual calls for service at 65K, but I could be wrong. Anyhoo: Assuming you have kept up on the previously scheduled services, Check: steering knuckles lubed; power steering fluid still pink and at correct fill; coolant level correct and free of corrosion; oil and filter; transmission fluid pink and at correct level (auto or MN6); change your rear end lube if you haven't ever before; spark plugs changed if you haven't before.
If you beat on your ride often (drags, autox, street racer), check wheel hub bearing for excessive play (jack up car, grab a tire and wiggle it back and forth; if it moves appreciably, then check the "book" for max play. It ain't much). Oh, and check brake pads/rotors too.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do your basic tune up...most of the stuff mention above....change your plug wires, check your grease fitings and bushings, check rotor wear, and give it a good fuel system clean....you could also change the coolant and flush it to....just my .02