Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electronic throttle t/b on throttle cabled PCM

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default electronic throttle t/b on throttle cabled PCM

I haven't been able to find a solid answer anywhere about using an electric throttle body with a non-ETC harness. I'm sure it could be done somehow with a little engineering. I could always get a cable operated tb, but having no throttle cable would be very clean and convenient. I would assume that I need a sending unit i.e. gas pedal from a ETC type vehicle. The harness I'm going to use is a 2002 or 2000 truck harness. Thanks for the help.

jake
Old 11-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Get an ETC throttle body, pedal and TAC unit from a 2001-2002. You'll need to buy or build the harness from pedal to TAC and TAC to throttle body and main harness/PCM. You can also delete IAC and TPS connectors and wires from your non-ETC harness. I don't have details but a PCM flash may be necessary also.
ps... 2003 and up ETC parts do not play well will 2002 and earlier. Ensure the parts you get come from the same year group.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the ETC throttle with a 2000 F-Body ECU. I have a custom harness with the throttle connection and ECU all done by Speartech. Call John for details he is very helpful. He may even answer on the forum, he posts here frequently.

Pat
Old 11-06-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I might go with a wired tb, but if there's an easier way I'll do the ETC. I'm gonna goto the salvaged yard maybe this saturday and find a pedal assembly and TAC from a genIII. thanks for the input

Quick Reply: electronic throttle t/b on throttle cabled PCM