Sponsored by:

Motor problem...Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor problem...Please Help!!!

Hey Guys,
I have an 02 ws6 m6 with a 224/224/.581/.581 112lsa cam, titanium springs and retainers, lt's, slp lid/ram air/ bellows and a great tune. I only have 20.5k on it and don't dirve it a whole lot but it's not like it sits over a week without getting drove. When I drive it I generally put 50 miles or more maybe less but no long drives. I noticed last week that when driving it felt a little weird as not sounding 100%, maybe a little hesitant and underpowered. The car starts perfect, idles fine and sounds fine while idling. It generally drives fine but just seemed like something was wrong so..tonight I geared down into 2nd and at 2500 rpm's stabbed the gas for a second. The car was very hesitant, shook, underpowered and sounded rough but no metal to metal sounds. The only thing I can think of is a major spark issue but no codes have thrown. What do you all think? Major or not? Also, the car has never been to the track and I don't romp it at all. Please help!!
Thanks Ryan

Well I got a code p0106 (manifold .....pressure) I can't remember what the second word was. I reinstalled the tune that's been on it for over a year just to see and when I started it up it ran and sounded perfect for about 15 sec. then the motor sounded like it pick up in rpm's and then fell back down and was back to shuttering and like it was missing. I redid the tune again and it ran fine at idle. Me and a friend took it for a drive to see if it acted different and drove normal. My LTFT were between 0 and -3. I put the car in second and stabbed it for a sec. and same old stuff. Shuttering and shaking but a little worse and got randpm cylinder misfire. Turn the car off reset the codes and drove it back home. After resetting the codes still was a little rough but not as bad. I am clueless. Do you think the plugs could cause this even though I just now got the misfire code? Please Help!!

Last edited by TARyan21; 11-13-2006 at 02:28 PM. Reason: New info! HELP!!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Go have it tuned. I think they will solve or identify your problem.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

I had it tuned by RWTD through an email and the a/f ratio is absolutely perfect. It has been tuned with this cam and same steup for over a year now.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it was a spark issue you should have misfire codes. Bad gas?
Old 11-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

check the fuel pressure. Might be dropping when you open the throttle. Could be a pump, might be a regulator. Since you're not dropping codes(even a fuel pump/reg will sometmes throw a system lean code on you) I'd look there first.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Just some food for thought also....About a week ago I had a code of Heat bank sensor 2 which I erased and have not seen it again. I have had this code in the past about three or four times and hasn't had any effect on the car but would it maybe this time? If so why and what does this mean?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone??? Please??

Last edited by TARyan21; 11-13-2006 at 04:53 PM. Reason: ttt