LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

NEED HELP. Explain Please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP. Explain Please!

I posted a few days ago saying I had ZERO compression on #3 cylinder. Pulled the valve cover last night and found a very loose rocker. I could spin it in circles and take the push rod out. Saw nothing wrong with the springs. So this could be a calasped lifter, correct? This is confusing me because that doesn't explain ZERO compression. If the spring is fine, the valve should be closed right? Which means I should have compression even if the lifter is calasped, doen't it? Do I have more than one issue or am I missing something in the correlation?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

if you loosen both rocker arms on cyl 3 and try the cmpression test again and it shows nothing then bent valve or something is probably the cause did you check for a broken valve spring??
Old 11-15-2006, 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hardtop94
if you loosen both rocker arms on cyl 3 and try the cmpression test again and it shows nothing then bent valve or something is probably the cause did you check for a broken valve spring??

I don't see anyhting wrong with the springs.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

did you loosen both rockers intake and exhaust and try the comp test again? also which one was loose maybe you lost an exh lifter so the intake vale kept opening and it got burnt cause there wasnt a way for the exhaust to exit just a guess
Old 11-15-2006, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hardtop94
did you loosen both rockers intake and exhaust and try the comp test again? also which one was loose maybe you lost an exh lifter so the intake vale kept opening and it got burnt cause there wasnt a way for the exhaust to exit just a guess
It's the first one for that cylinder going towards the front of the car. If I'm correct, that's the intake one. I have not lossened both rockers and tested for compression again, but I can do that tonight.