General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Not giving enough power?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not giving enough power?

So I bought this 02 WS6 with a few mods and I'm doing some launches with it the other night. Well when I take off, it goes but once I give it full throttle, it feels like its getting held back by something. But when I give it 3/4 throttle it goes faster than full throttle. I've noticed this as well when I'm out on the highway, drop to 3rd or 4th and punch it. So any ideas of what it could be? Need to re-tune it is my idea. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you say you need to "retune it"....did you mess with it already?....also, check your basic maintance issues.....plugs, wires, filters.....
Old 11-20-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vigilante375
So I bought this 02 WS6 with a few mods and I'm doing some launches with it the other night. Well when I take off, it goes but once I give it full throttle, it feels like its getting held back by something. But when I give it 3/4 throttle it goes faster than full throttle. I've noticed this as well when I'm out on the highway, drop to 3rd or 4th and punch it. So any ideas of what it could be? Need to re-tune it is my idea. Thanks.
Classic symptoms of a plugged fuel filter.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Plugs were changed less than 1000 miles ago. Might see what happens if I get the fuel filter looked/changed. Thanks guys.