LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ok, I need some tips on this installation.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ok, I need some tips on this installation.

My Dad and I are going to one of his buddy's farm hopefully pretty quickly.

I'm bring plugs, wires, motor mounts, and RK Sport mids and y-pipe to be installed. My Dad's buddy is an excellent mechanic, had his own shop for ~30 years, and is now retired. He also has a lift. Anyway, in what order/how should we do things to make this installation as quick as possible. I know there are certain things you have to do that are specific to GM's cramped design for the LT1. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mmmhmm if you have a pole jack and a lift, get something under the front of the oil pan (block of wood) get some pressure under it to remove the motor mounts, once those are removed you can get the y pipe, starter, and mainfolds out easy, also tackle the plugs and wires as they come along

When you re install, I would do set the headers in but not to bolt them, do the plugs, then bolts the headers, and then the mounts.

If the mounts are not too much of a pita, then do the headers 1st, it all depends on the header.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Mmmhmm if you have a pole jack and a lift, get something under the front of the oil pan (block of wood) get some pressure under it to remove the motor mounts, once those are removed you can get the y pipe, starter, and mainfolds out easy, also tackle the plugs and wires as they come along

When you re install, I would do set the headers in but not to bolt them, do the plugs, then bolts the headers, and then the mounts.

If the mounts are not too much of a pita, then do the headers 1st, it all depends on the header.
Cool. Thanks. I'll let my Dad know, since he's going to be doing most of the work! Hopefully, we can do this all in one day.