Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sorry dumb ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry dumb ?

tried searching said there is no matches. what is a trans brake? and what is it purpose. once again sorry for the dumb question. i should know this. thanks nick.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Nick,

To begin with... never apologize for not knowing as much as someone else. Nothing at all wrong with that. Everybody had to start somewhere!

A trans brake is an electronically controlled device that applies two opposing elements in an automatic transmission. This allows the driver to bring an engine up to launch / stall rpm's without having to depress the brake pedal. By activating 2 opposing elements... reverse and forward simultaneously... all of the engines energy and all of the torque converters multiplication can be loaded into the transmission until it is time to leave the line, at which time the switch is released and the reverse clutches or band is released and off goes the car.

Hope that helps.
g
Old 11-26-2006, 01:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Like he said its like holding the brakes till the desired RPM then launching but much more efficent

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-26-2006, 02:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys, i had some what of an idea but wasnt sure. can you have a t-brake on a buillt 4l60e?. i take it is alot more effective then holdin the brake and gas at the same time.