Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

3 ways to get Boost friendly CR

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default 3 ways to get Boost friendly CR

Well, doing research, I've found that you have 3 avenues for lowering compression (not including Head gasket compressed height).

1. Bigger chamber heads (for my LT1, this means going from stock 54cc up to 76cc via AFR's, etc)

2. Dished pistons. You can get these in a lot of configurations up to 3x cc reverse/negative dome.

3. Dynamic Compression Ratio (DCR) , altered by cam valve timing. As a web site said, "there is no compression till the valves are closed".

There is a huge discussion on this topic elsewhere on the web and I won't labor to portray it here, but it has lots of scientific calculations (as well as downloadable Visual Basic calculators) to determine DCR. This might be my *out* on my SCR(Static Compression Ratio) of 11.x:1. My bottom end is all forged and my long duration solid roller cam may be the ticket to getting around this issue of high compression for the time being. I will start saving for a balanced forged rotating assembly, using turbo pistons.

Do any of you OBDI guys have an LT1 edit flash file that's set up to run your T76 equipped LT1? If so, PM me, please?
Old 11-25-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember that the last option you posted basically will just "bleed" off the boost you're working so hard to make. Try to limit that one as much as possible.

Quick Reply: 3 ways to get Boost friendly CR