Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS7 injectors on an LS1 with a FAST intake?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 injectors on an LS1 with a FAST intake?

I've got a 2002 Z06 with stock injectors that are 105%+ DC. I've been thinking about going with a set of LS7 injectors but I was under the impression that I needed to either go with a set of aftermarket fuel rails or an LS2 fuel rail setup... is this correct?

Has anyone ever done this? Yes, I've thought about SVO 30's or Bosch 42's but I am under the impression that the latest fuel injector technology is the best for fuel atomization, driveability, etc.

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:20 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to install LS7 injectors in your LS6 vehicle, then you'll need adapter harnesses for the injectors because they are different. The LS7 injector is a EV6 type injector while the LS1 injector is a EV1 type injector. Both have different female connectors. The LS7 injector is also shorter than the LS1 injector. You can't use LS2 fuel rails on a LS6/FAST intake unless you relocated the mounts on the rails because they don't line up. You're best bet is to stick with a EV1 type injector such as the SVO 30s. I have brand new set of LS7 injectors if you're interested.

Quick Reply: LS7 injectors on an LS1 with a FAST intake?