LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

o2 wire question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 wire question

On my 94z I had to replace the pass o2 w/a bosch one... if you have done this you know the bosch wire colors are different... well my o2 isn't working so I was wondering if anybody knew which wires go where on there so I can start there... thanks a lot
Old 12-05-2006, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1 Peligroso
On my 94z I had to replace the pass o2 w/a bosch one... if you have done this you know the bosch wire colors are different... well my o2 isn't working so I was wondering if anybody knew which wires go where on there so I can start there... thanks a lot
Historically people have had issues with the bosch O2 sensors. Usually they aren't able to read as quickly or as often as the OE sensors and it shows.

Best bet is to replace it with OE AC Delco O2 sensors.

For what its worth, I'm running a set of NGK O2 sensors with my car because they are advertised for being more resistant to the additives and lead in race gas, which is what fouled up my first set. I've been running them for about 3000 miles now and I haven't had any issues. The NGK (actually NTK in the Summit online catalog) O2 sensors plug right in, just make sure to select the correct plug style.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:30 AM
Teching In

The problem is the Previous owner must have had longtubes on the car at some point b/c the o2 wires were extended but they hacked off the clip/plugin and hardwired it. So when I got the bosch I had to cut off the clip and hardwire it to the wires they left there.... and I'm guessing something isn't right b/c its not reading at all... =(
Old 12-06-2006, 09:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1 Peligroso
The problem is the Previous owner must have had longtubes on the car at some point b/c the o2 wires were extended but they hacked off the clip/plugin and hardwired it. So when I got the bosch I had to cut off the clip and hardwire it to the wires they left there.... and I'm guessing something isn't right b/c its not reading at all... =(

That definately isn't right. When the car is cold, follow the O2 wires back up towards the engine and see if there is a plug anywhere. If there isn't a plug at all -- then I'd suggest tracking down some AC Delco O2s where the wires will line up.

Here is a pic from Shoe Box's website (www.shbox.com) shows the wire colors and connector. Hopefully this will help some.