General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

had a good laugh at work today

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default had a good laugh at work today

Not sure where to post this but I'll throw it in here. I'm at work right now and was talking to some guy about my camaro, and he went off talking about older camaro's. He said "Yeah the 302 was a good engine in the 69's, too bad GM sold the right to ford and they started making 302's for the mustang." My jaw just dropped and I wasn't even gonna say anything. Then he proceded to tell my they put 305's in 1970 camaros and I just had to walk away. Ever run into the people that act like they know everything about cars and are really clueless. I had a good laugh out of it.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:58 AM
12 Second Club

I find those kind of people all the time. Sales men are pretty bad. I was looking at a 02 Z28 I asked what something was in the inteirior was and he said I think its a chip. You would think a salesmen would know more than they do.

Speaking of salesmen not knowing ****. I just bought my Blazer the salesmen didnt tell me anything about it. I just knew everything and knew what I wanted. All he did was write up the sale.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLK85
I find those kind of people all the time. Sales men are pretty bad. I was looking at a 02 Z28 I asked what something was in the inteirior was and he said I think its a chip. You would think a salesmen would know more than they do.

Speaking of salesmen not knowing ****. I just bought my Blazer the salesmen didnt tell me anything about it. I just knew everything and knew what I wanted. All he did was write up the sale.
Salesmen are the worst, and that's coming from one. I remember going to a lot and asking the guy about a T/A, it was a ws6 and he told me it was the fastest of all the trans am except for the fact that it was a manual and that would slow it down. He also said the fastest trans ams were built in 2004. Way to get your info right buddy. But those kind of people always give me a good laugh too.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^haha i hate talking to salesmen for that reason right there!!

you would think that if you wanted a job that deals with cars, you would know or at least try to learn a little bit about cars....
Old 12-20-2006, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

I always go the local chevy dealership parts department on Saturdays to pick up what I need for the Z28. I always park in front of the showroom and walk back to the parts dept. Last time I was there they had a 2004 Vette sitting there somebody had traded in. The salesman was trying to sell it to me and I was explaining to him that I would rather have my Z28. Its just a known fact that fat people and vettes don't go together well. Just not enough room in there. So he started to tell me how that Corvette would just kick that Z28s ***. That he had worked there for years and never seen a Camaro outrun a Vette yet. So I reached in my Z28s glovebox and pulled out my title and asked the guy do you ever watch PINKS on the speed channel. He said no so I explained to him here is my title wheres the one to that Vette at? And I sure hope your the driver. After one of his colleages explained to him about the show He got mad and told me If it was his car He would be all over it.I told him to bad because if you get someone in charge to race me that I would sell the Vette to him for a better price that they were letting it go for. When my Z28 cranked up they all turned tail and ran hollering OH **** I thought that Z28 was stock. Some people should just sell minivans.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

about 2 years ago i went to a used car lot to look at a 98 TA. it was a non-WS6 model, auto, with about 128K on it. i drove it around, checked it out, then the salesman came up to me with his sales pitch. "yeah, this trans am has the "LS1" (as if it were the god of all engine). This car can beat any mustang and camaro here, put any car next to this, and its over for him. Me and my buddy laughed and left, pissed him off.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Crazy people talk like that or maybe he's just stupid. Most likley just stupid.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, me and a friend made some salseman look retarded a few weeks ago when his dad went to go look at the CTS V, and my friend and i started rambling off **** about the two different options of motor it came with (LS2, LS6) and the guy just sat there and watched us as we were going through the car cause he couldnt tell us anything that we didnt already know. it was funny.

i think before all salsemen start running there mouths they need to make sure they know who there talking to cause if u get a car guy like us (or your average ls1 enthusiest) were gonna make u look stupid opposed to somebody whos gonna beleive the BS that they throw at u.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Regular

I bought a DZ302 for my '69 at one point and everytime I'd tell someone I was going to put it in my '69 they'd give me a dumb look and ask me why I would put a Ford motor in it
Old 12-20-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha 2 stories:

1. friend of mine said a camaro ss at work says his camaro came supercharged from factory and im like oh reallyyyyy so i came and checked it out and im like wheres the supercharger *points to intake* its underneith there, i told him lets race for a hundred, he got really upset.

2. parked at a chevy dealership and the dealer wanted me to trade my z28 for the new camaro and im like uh what will i drive until then hahahaha, and then he continued to tell me they are coming out in 2007 im not sure if this is true or not but i thought they are coming out in sept 2008 or so? people are dumb...
Old 12-20-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
haha 2 stories:

1. friend of mine said a camaro ss at work says his camaro came supercharged from factory and im like oh reallyyyyy so i came and checked it out and im like wheres the supercharger *points to intake* its underneith there, i told him lets race for a hundred, he got really upset.
OMFG
Old 12-20-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good stories I cant stand to talk to sales men
Old 12-20-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run into the same thing in home theater equipment. I worked as an engineer for the first 3 generations of HDTV. When I go into the store to examine the latest equipment, I usually just run them off because they don't really know what they are talking about. Unfortunately, most people accept what they say because most people don't do their homework correctly.
As far as cars, I just run them off until I am ready to either take it for a test drive or make an offer.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

When the 93's first came out I asked the saleman if they had any 6-speeds. He gave me a deer in the headlights look and said "Do you mean 5 plus reverse?"hahahaha
Old 12-20-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went in to Autozone last week to get some U-joints for my winter-beater (1991 F-150 2X4) and the guy at the parts desk was brain-dead. He told me that my truck didn't have U-joints because it was just 2 wheel drive! I told him that mine was the special edition truck that had a driveshaft. I then called him a drooling idiot and walked out. Some people just shouldn’t be working at the parts store…
Old 12-20-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Veteran

I wonder how many women get jacked bc they believe all the **** that these salesman tell them.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Veteran

when you graduate from UTI, i heard you are guarenteed a job at autozone, i think that was the prime example right there.

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
I went in to Autozone last week to get some U-joints for my winter-beater (1991 F-150 2X4) and the guy at the parts desk was brain-dead. He told me that my truck didn't have U-joints because it was just 2 wheel drive! I told him that mine was the special edition truck that had a driveshaft. I then called him a drooling idiot and walked out. Some people just shouldn’t be working at the parts store…
Old 12-20-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hear that **** all day long... welcome to my hell (dealer)
Old 12-20-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bjamick
I wonder how many women get jacked bc they believe all the **** that these salesman tell them.
lol, my mom was working with some girl and they were talking about cars and the girl(19 and knows nothing about cars) told my mom that she just bought a hyundai accent(the lowest model) or something like that, so my mom asked how much she paid for it and she said $24,000, i guess she went all over the place looking to get financed and that was the only place that would let her and she(the girl) told them that like an idiot so the dealer decided to give her the SHAFT because they thought they could get away with it which they did. i almost **** myself when i heard that, i told my mom "do u know what i could buy with $24k?" LMAO

i did feel bad though.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Thats y i told my GF that i want to go with her when she buys a new car. I wont let them idiots give her the shaft.