LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Gen 1 RR for LT1 question.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gen 1 RR for LT1 question.....

Well, I have some roller rockers laying around that are for an older gen one (pre 86) block/heads. The rockers are not self guided rockers like the LT1 has, but I do have some guide plates that came with them. Can I use these guide plates on my LT1? I would think I could simply pull out the rocker stud and put the guide plates underneath......can I do this????

Thanks for your time,

Joe
Old 12-20-2006, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use the rockers you already have just make sure the guide plates align your pushrods correctly. If not you can order the isky adjustable guide plates from thunder racing. Also if you have a 95-97 you will have to order hardened pushrods, unless you have a 93-94 they come from the factory with hardened pushrods. I’m running comp hardened pushrods with non self-aligning roller rockers and guide plates, just as you will be. Remember you will have to get screw in studs that will be long enough to go threw the guide plates and still have threads left. The screw in studs I had from my old small block build were a little longer then the ones that came out of the LT1 heads. This setup will also be quieter than self aligning rockers. Just check pushrod geometry and make sure you have hardened pushrods.
Later,
Josh