Sponsored by:

HELP! 500HP 350SBa4 or LS1M6

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP! 500HP 350SBa4 or LS1M6

I recently email this to a friend:
Alright, as you already know I am planning to buy a car (CorvetteC5 or SS Camaro). I am in the middle of a Major Project (86 Z28 Restoration / Engine & Tranny Swap) I have two 91' Honda Accords which I will sell in the NEAR future for LS1 Engine and Tranny. Now, I have a complete 350 smallblock and 2grand worth of parts. I have been doing insane amounts of research over the vacation, actually for about 3 months now. Being online everyday tends to change your mind around when you see new things. For example this site here... check this out then continue reading this email.. :

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/in...n=Custom&ID=26

Seeing this setup on an "86 Z28" really gets me wondering on what I should really do with my Classic. I am considering selling my whole engine/transmission setup with all the NEW parts for $2000.00 or just put it together, Then Sell it, Entire setup will produce over 500Hp (If anybody is interested, Email me @ shawnmgarcia@mail.com )(willing to negotiate price) . But either way, I think an LS1 in an 86 Z28 would be extremely unique (Especially with an STS turbo system.) I would love it probably more than an 02SS. Im not really all that excited about it being Carbureted except for the massive torque. But gasmilage will be about 5-8 MPG*(750 Holley). Not so Spiffy. I would almost never drive it. Now, with a 6M LS1, It would be a whole different story.I can find the whole LS1/6MTranny setup and CPU in the junk yards for about $1000.00 - $4000.00, for sure. It could be my daily driver. I need others opinions. Send me the feedback.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Banned

i'd for sure go the ls-1/6spd route. even if it's a stock ls1. if you want all of that torque, then you can put a turbo on it like you said. but that can come later if you dont have the finances for that.

F*ck carbs and iron motors. haha.

that 3rd gen in the link has me drooling right now.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Is'nt that 86 Iroc the Sh*t!! I love it, Here are some pics of mine

Should I sell all these parts bolted on Motor, or in box??: IntakeMani, Headers, Springs, Cam,lifters, Holley Carb, Alternator, WaterPump,more.....(All parts are new)
Gimme more feed back please
Old 12-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Launching!

With the parts you have, you wont get 500 hp on an engine dyno, also you have a z28 and not an iroc. You should take all that **** back and get your money back.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Default Carburated 350 Hp

It should be close to that with the tranny work, Rods,Lifters,Cam,Carberator,all the **** I got for it. Even if is more then 300, It's still better than a stock LS1. Im going to get the build started at the end of today or tomorrow depending on feedback. It's been 3 months since I purchased parts, so I see no point in returning the items. I think I will keep it, and buy an 02 LS1 and STS kit