General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

75k is almost here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 75k is almost here!

I bought it back in July I believe. Its a '99 t/a. Previously I had owned 8, 4 wheel drives so this is my first nice/reliable dd. I love to drive it. Its a 6 speed by the way! The car has had I think 4 or 5 other previous owners before me. It was more than I wanted but interior was in great shape. Anyways, since I've had it all I've done is had the passenger window motor replaced and changed the oil. Not to mention black is a pain in the **** to keep clean like many of you guys know.

What all fluids should be changed? I'm planning to seafoam and change oil again soon. I also hope to change the plugs and fuel filter.

I'm heading off to college next year and would like to have all the maintenance up to date. I know I'm young but I really enjoy reading on here and learning all I can. I take good care of my baby especially since it cost me every dime I make.

Thanks all,

Kyle
Old 01-04-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Oil, plugs, coolant, rear diff and seal, transmission fluid, clean the K&N, replace fuel filter. Check your a/c belt and serpentine belt. Visually check your power steering and brake fluid and see it if it's dirty/contimanted. That about wraps it up. I just hit 72k on my 98.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

engine oil/tranny/rearend/brake fluid/clutch fluid/fuel filter/plugs&wires/air filter

visually check tires/brakes/all the belts.

i would run the seafoam treatment and change the plugs/fuel filter.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

Totally forgot about the clutch..doh!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys. I have alreayd cleaned K&N, I forgot to mention that. I had thought of most of those except clutch/brake. Should I spend the extra money for special high mileage additives such as some lucas, etc...??