Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD

I have nothing but good things to say about these. Tirerack really kicks *** too. I ordered them on Monday morning and got them Wednesday. If you're not gonna be driving in the snow....get these tires! They are good in the rain and they hook. I have 400rwhp (mustang dyno) and these are 100times better than my old Kumho's. They're a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for with these. They have a softer compound than the Michelin so they're probably better at the track. They look great too!

...sorry for sounding like a tirerack/bfgoodrich commercial, but these rock!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=V
Old 01-08-2007, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool thanks from a guy that still needs to figer out what he wants!!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They are OK . . . not overly impressed. I have them on my GTO.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
They are OK . . . not overly impressed. I have them on my GTO.
What street summer tire have you found to be better?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Are the KD's really worth the extra $$$$$ over the KDW tire?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

they are the best dry weather street tire I have had to date......and that includes the pricy Michelin PS2's which I currently have. The KD's -are- an in your face kind of tire though, but they handle great!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RacerScott
Are the KD's really worth the extra $$$$$ over the KDW tire?
I can't compare the two from personal experience, but the g-Force T/A KD has a softer compound that is part of what makes it great for the summer.

Xsta Z28, what tire have you found to be better? I'm just curious.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
I can't compare the two from personal experience, but the g-Force T/A KD has a softer compound that is part of what makes it great for the summer.

Xsta Z28, what tire have you found to be better? I'm just curious.
it -may- have a softer compound, but it's one of the stiffest street tires available...
Old 01-10-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

how can you get a rating of how stiff the tire is? I'm looking on tire rack and don't see it. Is this just something you've experienced?

The T/A KD has a UTQG rating of 200 versus the T/A KDW having a 300. Lower means it's softer if I'm not mistaken. The T/A KD is even softer than those really pricey Michelin PS2's.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just put two 275's on my front tires to replace the ailing Yokohama AVS Sport that I had on there for about 3 years now. The difference in how the car felt was quite noticeable! I can't wait till the rear Yokos are down for the count too, I'll feel very good about myself replacing those with a tire that hopefully sticks better, and costs over a 100 dollars less than what's currently on there!

Manny
Old 01-10-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MannyZ28
I just put two 275's on my front tires to replace the ailing Yokohama AVS Sport that I had on there for about 3 years now. The difference in how the car felt was quite noticeable! I can't wait till the rear Yokos are down for the count too, I'll feel very good about myself replacing those with a tire that hopefully sticks better, and costs over a 100 dollars less than what's currently on there!

Manny
I had AVS ES100's on my car before the KD's and I HATED them....I had to take them off and sell them, that's when I decided that it was time to stop making tire decisions based on price and other people's opinions and to suck it up and pay the price for what I wanted in a tire. I was looking into the AVS Sports as well but I was told by guys who have ran both that the KD's were stiffer and an all around better tire in the dry.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you an M6 or A4? I have some 315mm KD's and they still don't hook, but I have a 400 RWHP stalled A4 so I'm assuming my stall is to blame. However it is kinda cold outside so that may be it, they don't seem to be much different than my 555's in terms of grip. We'll see when it gets warmer though.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

The KD's are not really a drag tire, so they may not hook great out of the hole.... They are more of a superior dry handling tire. It took me a couple sets of tires that were recommended to me by others to realize that what I was looking for in a tire isn't what most others look for. I don't care about straight line traction. I look for a tire that offers a stiff sidewall, precise steering response and excellent corning stability. The KD's fit the bill and so do my current PS2's, which are not as quite an "in your face" kind of tire my KD's were.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I cannot say which tire is better, I am just putting out that I am not happy with my KD tires.

Do they handle pretty well? Yes.
Do they straight line OK, Yes.
Do they sound like mudder tires going down the road . . . YES . . .

I hate noisey tires. . . .

The KDWS that came stock on my GTO, are a good tire too.

The KDW's on the Berger are nice, and quiet enough to not hear over the exhaust.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

I don't recall mine being noisy at all.....although I don't really don't care about that and have an exhaust on the loud side that may have even covered it up...
Old 01-10-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Trust
Are you an M6 or A4? I have some 315mm KD's and they still don't hook, but I have a 400 RWHP stalled A4 so I'm assuming my stall is to blame. However it is kinda cold outside so that may be it, they don't seem to be much different than my 555's in terms of grip. We'll see when it gets warmer though.

I'm an M6 and they still don't hook, even with it's warm I couldn't get mine to hook
Old 01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
I cannot say which tire is better, I am just putting out that I am not happy with my KD tires.

Do they handle pretty well? Yes.
Do they straight line OK, Yes.
Do they sound like mudder tires going down the road . . . YES . . .

I hate noisey tires. . . .

The KDWS that came stock on my GTO, are a good tire too.

The KDW's on the Berger are nice, and quiet enough to not hear over the exhaust.
Weird. I think something is wrong with one of your tires. Either that our you have a very quiet exhaust. I remember the KD's being pretty quiet for a Summer Performance tire.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

if you want tires that hook from a dig, buy drag radials...
there's a reason why guys that road race don't use drag radials and guys that drag race don't use road racing tires..lol You have to pick the tire that suits your purpose. Trying to find a tire that does both equally will just mean that they won't excel at either.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok....when you guys say they don't hook.....lets put it this way: Lets say you have a M6, you are in first gear, and you give it like 3/4 gas.....you boys with the 315 KD, does it scoot and go, or do you start drifting sideways, like I currently am on the worn out Yokos?

I mean, I only have 375 rwhp and 367 rwtq, I have BMR LCAs, a Spohn Adjustable Torque Arm that's chassis mounted set to the recommended specs, I have SLP SFC's, I mean really, from 3000 rpm (about 30 mph roll) shouldn't I be able to get some traction? That's basically what I am hoping to achieve with the KD when I finally get them for the rears too.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JR HAWK 9
if you want tires that hook from a dig, buy drag radials...
there's a reason why guys that road race don't use drag radials and guys that drag race don't use road racing tires..lol You have to pick the tire that suits your purpose. Trying to find a tire that does both equally will just mean that they won't excel at either.
Nice statement