Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI flexplate strikes again...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default TCI flexplate strikes again...

Yeah i am another victim of the powercoating wearing off and losening the bolts. I ground down the coating on the holes that the converter attached to just not the 6 that connect the flexplate to the engine...guess with ones came lose...yup all 6 were lose to the finger touch...so just a heads you to anyone out there that might look past this, take away the coating from every single hole...just a poor design part by tci, oh well lesson learned at least it wasn't a rod knock like it sounded like...it really sounded horrible...
Old 01-09-2007, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrs1313
Yeah i am another victim of the powercoating wearing off and losening the bolts. I ground down the coating on the holes that the converter attached to just not the 6 that connect the flexplate to the engine...guess with ones came lose...yup all 6 were lose to the finger touch...so just a heads you to anyone out there that might look past this, take away the coating from every single hole...just a poor design part by tci, oh well lesson learned at least it wasn't a rod knock like it sounded like...it really sounded horrible...
Chris,
I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with the flexplate. We actually stopped powdercoating the flexplate 1 1/2 years ago. The new E-coating doesn't have the problem that the old powdercoating did.
Kevin
Old 01-10-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Winstead
Chris,
I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with the flexplate. We actually stopped powdercoating the flexplate 1 1/2 years ago. The new E-coating doesn't have the problem that the old powdercoating did.
Kevin
yeah its okay...dropped the trans and put it back in not that bad just those damn bellhousing bolts can be fun...
Old 01-10-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, when i took mine apart, i had no problems whatsoever with my "old" design TCI. never ground off anything. whew, i lucked out then, haha.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kevin Winstead
Chris,
Kevin
hey Kevin, what is the purpose of the coating? oh, and off subject, do you all have sfi flexplates for traditional pontiacs? feel free to pm me.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSXNV
hey Kevin, what is the purpose of the coating? oh, and off subject, do you all have sfi flexplates for traditional pontiacs? feel free to pm me.
The only purpose for the coating is to prevent corrosion. The only Pontiac flywheel that we offer is an adapter plate flywheel that we sell which allows you to bolt a Chevy style trans/converter to the Pontiac.
Kevin