Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back again with same problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Back again with same problems

Well i had posted my issue awhile back and they seemed to vanish somehow.. Im almost positive it has to be the trans. i figured if there was a problem there it would eventually come up, especially the way i drive lol. Well anyways I was told several different things by some on here, most said it was the sunshell or sun gear or something. Well I bought the trans from a good friend of mine so i am pretty sure i was not getting screwed over i even rode in his car with this trans in it. Well to make a long story short as soon as we got the trans in i drove it a bit to make sure everything was good, drove it home pulled in the drive and went to back up to turn around and it wouldn't move, acted like it would go into reverse but was locked up, but it did previously when i drove it. Not even in neutral would it roll backwards, it was on an incline and once i got it on a flat surface it found it would roll forwards in neutral but not backwards. After the problems went away and me driving the crap out of it, it did something a lil different. I left home and drove a couple blocks and it started kinda bucking/clunking i took it back home and now it wont roll backwards at all again, in reverse or neutral. It will go forwards but almost seems to be a lil hesitant. Any ideas? Thanks in advance everyone. Doug
Old 01-27-2007, 05:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

well if it wont roll backwards in reverse there are a couple possibilities the sprag in forward could be damaged, the low sprag could be damaged, the forward clutch could be seized though that would cause forward in neutral, In any case does sounds like a trans problem that will require a tear down since theres no electrical issue that could cause this type problem , Sounds like a case of bad luck ,

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-28-2007, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

ya i figured because that is just my luck lol..
Old 01-28-2007, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Please take and look at our three levels we offer on our home page below shipping is included in price and we have no core requirement or core charge and can ship within two business days of order. Thanks

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-28-2007, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Please take and look at our three levels we offer on our home page below shipping is included in price and we have no core requirement or core charge and can ship within two business days of order. Thanks
Oh i have looked.. and looked.. and looked some more lol.. your level 2 seems almost unbeatable for the price.. Ill definitely keep that in mind, my trans has already been built by a local performance shop so i may try to get a quote from them to fix it and if it is anywhere over what i would wanna spend to fix it ill probably just end up getting the lvl 2 and be done with it. Also, would i have to have the trans cooler and converter flushed out? Thanks alot
Old 01-28-2007, 04:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yes to both if theres any metal in the pan

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-28-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

It's not something simple - like a broken shift linkage. Mine acted strange like that in reverse-the installer broke the linkage when they dropped the tranny. Wouldn't go into reverse and wouldn't hold in park.

A new shift linkage and it shifted ok again.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

his problem appeared then disappeared and reappeared by itself

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-28-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

I sent you a pm - I'm about to order a new A4 and have some questions.
Thanks
Old 01-28-2007, 05:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I havent received one yet

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-29-2007, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
It's not something simple - like a broken shift linkage. Mine acted strange like that in reverse-the installer broke the linkage when they dropped the tranny. Wouldn't go into reverse and wouldn't hold in park.

A new shift linkage and it shifted ok again.
Someone told me it could be part of the linkage in the trans or something. Sounded similar to what you were talking about. Something like the end of it is flared out and sometimes over time it will slip off and over the flared out piece engaging 2 gears at once.. i dno.. i dont think that is a possibility tho since the problem came and went.. unless it slipped back onto the shaft that has the flared end on it lol..
Old 01-29-2007, 10:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well you could always look in the pan and see , I doubt in your case thats the problems but looking at whats in the pan may give you many answers anyway,

Call 888-744-6542