Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can we get a sticky on interchangeable parts for LSx

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can we get a sticky on interchangeable parts for LSx

I was wondering what parts can be changed between LS1, LS6, and LS7. Without having to make any changes, direct bolt-on changes. I was figuring that the LS7 obviously has stronger and better parts, that are cheaper than aftermarket offerings.

I am mostly wanting to know about changing LS1 springs, pushrods, and rockers? Are they any stronger, or worth doing. Can i use LS7 valvetrain parts, etc. I also wanted to know about any other parts and thought it should become a sticky if we get enough information.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

The hard part would be the organization of that said sticky. All of the parts change over, but some with certain circumstances.

As for your question. The exhaust rockers on the LS7 heads are offset and will not work. In addition to that I belive they are a different ratio. If your not getting a cam, I wouldnt bother with any of the valvetrain except for pushrods, and would replace them with an aftermarket version.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:03 AM
TECH Regular

So is there anyway we can try and get this information together. The reason i am wondering these things is because i plan on dong some small stuff to my car right now, but later on im going to go big hp. So i dont wanna spend a whole lot of money on parts that are going to again be replaced. I know that is the nature of modding, but trying to find a compromise.
I know i can use LS7 lifters, which i will use, because i believe i have a lifter problem with the car, need to pull the valve covers though to see if its not something else making the noise.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

in before the
Old 01-29-2007, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

I havent seen the peanut butter jelly time thing in a while.. Where is that link at..