Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTFT Maxxed ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LTFT Maxxed ?

Mods I am not sure if should ask this here or in the External Engine forum, please move to the correct place if need be.

I got in car this morning (2002 Z28, cam & alll bolt-ons), it wouldnt start so took other car. Came home for lunch hooked up the HP Tuners Scanner and it shows LT B1 maxxed out at 25 with all other things looking normal with the ignition on but car not running obviously. I tried to start it up, engine turns over but wont start or even sound like its trying to start. I turn it off then back on, same thing & same readings.

All other trims & readings look normal as it sits there with the car on but not running. LT B2 is zero. Any ideas what could cause this? Or why car wont start? I drove it yesterday and all week fine till today, I have not changed anything on the car at all. I am not sure what to look for or to try to get it started.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

LTFT's has nothing to do with this, especially considering closed loop operation that uses LTFT's isnt even active until the car warms up some.

This is not tune related and should be moved to general maintainence.

Does the car even crank over at all or is it doing nothing when you turn the key?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Engine turns over... like its starting... but nothing happens far as it acting like its gonna start. Oil pressure comes up and is steady. I drove it home form work yesterday, and wont start today so have no clue whats made it this way. When plug in the scanner it showed LT B1 as maxxed out in red at 25, so posted it here. The tune has not been changed since Dec.

Thanks for the help, I dont know how or if I can move this thread. Mods please move. Thank you.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Id start by checking fuses first and listen to hear the fuel pump turn on when you turn the key to the "on" position. You should hear it turn on, or you can just turn the key to the on position and go under the hood and press the fuel rail schrader valve and make sure fuel sprays out under pressure.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Checked all the fuses and they look good, its dark now so gonna double check them tomorrow along with the fuel pressure. I hear the pump kick on. Thank you for the help, this has me scratching my head.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:11 AM
11 Second Truck Club

I had a similar problem with my Formula. It was the ignition relay. Try swapping it with the starter relay (should be same pn) right next to it.
I just had a stuck ignition relay but when I swapped w/ starter then the motor wouldn't turn over so I tapped it and it started working.
just a thought, and atleast something to try. good luck.