Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

My Valentine's Gift

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Valentine's Gift

My girlie gave me a Seattle/Bellevue area tour, in a Helicopter, Friday and it was THE BEST EVER Valentine's Gift I have ever received (with my clothes on anyway ) in my entire life!!!!!!!!

If you click the link in my sig (or this link) and click on Seattle Helicopter Tour 2/16/07 there are a bunch of random, from the air, pics that I just took cuz I could.........best time I have had in sooooooooooooooo long. I miss flying in Helos (we used em at my Dept and they let us ride along from time to time) and it rekindled my desire to get my pilot's license.........so it was an awesome and productive day all around.

Sorry for the seeming random & repetative look to the shots but I was just pointing and shooting and everything there was to take shots of.......

For those that don't know, I was originally going to be a Marine Helo pilot until I had a car accident at age 17-18 and broke my arm. That was back in the days that they wouldn't allow you to have flight status if you had ever broken a major bone.......something they have since recinded due to the overwhelming need for qualified pilots and the fact that pretty much everyone (more or less) has broken SOMETHING during the course of their lives........so this is kinda like my second chance if I can get my license.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Looks like a fun time! I see you got a pic of your new ride.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

That's cool. I would love to do something like that. A great gift indeed.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:33 AM
Launching!

I wish my women would do something like that!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Lunchbox01_chris
Looks like a fun time! I see you got a pic of your new ride.
Hells yeah it rocked.....and I couldn't resist that pic since we were slowing down to land.
Originally Posted by howierd42
That's cool. I would love to do something like that. A great gift indeed.
It is amazing and not nearly as expensive as you would think......you can take up to 3-4 people (total in the bird) and split the cost. IIRC, the cost is the same for under 5 people.
Originally Posted by Ram4384
I wish my women would do something like that!!!
You want my girlie to give her a call and give her some pointers? Best girl I have ever had and the best I could ever hope for. This has been the best year of my life, bar none!!!