Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E Swap HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4L80E Swap HELP

I am gathering the rest of the parts that I need to do this swap. The built 4L80E is here, along with the BMR crossmember, and TCI controller with harness. The only things I need seems to be a TCI Flywheel Part number 399-174 (small pattern will work perfect with a Vig), Vig converter, and a Driveshaft.
What is everyone using as a Dipstick? The firewall mount Lokar piece??

The dust shield tabs are cut on each side, so I should not have any clearence problems and the only thing I should have to cut on the car is on the driverside tunnel for the TCI box to plug into the 4L80E correct??

What about the Tranny cooler lines??? Can I reuse the stock cooler lines and fittings??? Are the fittings 1/4 inch???

The car is a Blower car and I am going to do the Tranny and the motor together at the same time (Thank God I have a Lift literally) Does the TCI Controller come with a Base tune for the 4L80E so I can upload it for break in miles before I slap the Blower belt on??? I wouldn't have any idea how to tune it unless its that easy. BTW do I have to have a Lab top to do so or can I just use my home computer and upload that info from the TCI box?????

Thanks for any help fellows, any other advice I missed I'd appreciate.

Lastly, can you reuse the stock shifter setup from the 4L60E?? I don't want a B&M shifter or anything I want it stock looking. I think I have seen some LS1 guys do that wondering if you guys knew anything about it? The LT1 and LS1 swap should be identical becuase the body shells are the same.