Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod Dual Disc Clutch Owners COME ON IN!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default McLeod Dual Disc Clutch Owners COME ON IN!

Ok, so recently I posted a thread about thinking i blew up my clutch.

I was reading on installuniversity(dot)com and read that the slave needed to be shimmed.... Well when i replaced my old slave that blew out, with the new slave, I just slapped it in. Could this be the problem of all this....

Originally Posted by me in my other post
Ok... I bought a twin disc mcleod in september, put it in, 2 months later, the motor blows. Now... i've had the car running for about 2 weeks, and its making a HORRIBLE sound when you let out the clutch from a street light, AND... if you're in gear with the clutch pressed in and you rev it up. It's hard to get in gears, reverse is almost impossible. It feels like its not engaging or disengaging all the way also. If that car is in neutral and you rev it up you dont get any noise, but a slight vibration. But like i said, if you rev it up in gear... with the clutch pushed in... it sounds like its coming apart!

My theory...
at first i thought the nuts that hold the pressure plate on had backed off.

Took the bottom half of the bell housing off today, retorqued all of them to 55lbs with loctite. Then went around them again, to double check them, same problem.

NOW... i think maybe a spring has come off of a clutch disc. What would cause this to happen? This clutch has 2.5 months of use on it!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:39 PM
wrencher

Well a bad slave/throw out could cause the noise & poor pedal.
You replacing it likely cured both after belleding it from the install?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wrencher
Well a bad slave/throw out could cause the noise & poor pedal.
You replacing it likely cured both after belleding it from the install?
The problem wasn't there before my motor blew. When I pulled the motor, i pushed the clutch to push it off the input shaft. When i Put the new motor in it started leaking so i took it all apart and pulled the slave and put a new one in. Now i have the problem.