Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Z28 Coolant leak passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 Z28 Coolant leak passenger side

I bought a 95 Z28 with 137K miles for $300 yesterday.. and it supposidly had a bad head gasket on the pas. side of the motor and a bad fuel pump. So I finally got the fuel pump to cycle (couple of nice hits on the tank ). Then It's running good so I start to fill up the radiator and coolant starts to flow through the system and all of a sudden there's steam from burning coolant. SO I look down the passenger side and see a pool of coolant. The **** was pouring out as I poured more in ... So basically what I'm wanting to know is.. are there any coolant lines on the rear passenger side of the motor? I can't see a bad head gasket pissing out coolant like this.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also Coolant leaks out if I add to the radiator with it not running. Even if it hasn't been running for a while I just figured out.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that's a hell of a deal. There is a coolant line that connects from the rear of each head to the throttle body. The heater core lines are also back that way somewhere. Verify that stuff isn't leaking, and then check around the head gasket area. Head gaskets will pour if they've been like that for a while and the gasket kept getting pushed out more and more.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I tried to get my Camera down in the engine bay there to see what I couldn't because of the damn factory manifolds! I don't know if anyone can see something I can't.