Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Self Tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Self Tuning?

How and what software do i need to self tune my car just for the air/fuel ratio? what is the easiest maybe even the cheapest way to go about this?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/287094-read-me-first-tuning-docs-ve-maf-ses-lights-faqs-more-01-31-07-a.html

Doesnt anyone read stickies anymore?? Read that and then ask questions if you still have any. It will give you a basic understanding on the whole tuning thing and the different software. To tune WOT AFR only tune the PE table, it will do it, but in a false way IMO.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

A WBO2 + a MAF translator is probably cheapest if all you want to do is adjust fueling. 2nd in line may be a handheld (like a Predator), but I don't know the extent of it's ability to adjust fueling. The model I had only adjusted PE (full-throttle). Newer versions have been released that adjust more, but I don't know if they're available for f-bodies.

Either way, it'll cost you a little more for a tuning suite. Then, you'll have endless tuning parameters at your finger tips.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you want to go cheap short-term or cheap long-term...?
Cheap long-term would be tuning software.
And as SSpdDmon said, tuning software is not that much more $ (you will want a wideband regardless); you won't regret it.