Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

cheaper then HIDS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheaper than HIDS!!

i got tired of not being able to see at night so i took some silverstars and sealed them in the factory houseings then took some camaro headligt connectors and wired them in, and i got some new foglights to match the headlights, its amazing how much of a difference it is...

Last edited by curtisw511; 03-05-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

though i might warn you i too went that approach though they look awesome but silverstars are known for burning out rather quickly as in a 3 to 5 month life span believe me i know ....i finally went with hid's and planning on making projectors soon though... my hid's are in custom made h4 housing for now... by a non sposered company .....silverstars look great but dont last worth a s**t for $20 a bulb anyways.....sylvania need to fix them right !!!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CULATR
though i might warn you i too went that approach though they look awesome but silverstars are known for burning out rather quickly as in a 3 to 5 month life span believe me i know .........silverstars look great but dont last worth a s**t for $20 a bulb anyways.....sylvania need to fix them right !!!!!
That's funny cause mine lasted for 2 years.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

must be getting a bad sets of bulbs then from advance.... seriously on my g/f's bugg i swear we go thru like at least 3 sets a year it seems on just the headlight not counting the foglights eitheri basically gave up and plan on gettting her a hid kit as well ........another thing i noticed on the silverstars is the blue light over period of time the blue hue burns away and putting a new bulb beside it in the other light makes the old almost look like a stock bulb........
Old 03-05-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool if your happy...but once you go to HID's you will never want anything else.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CULATR
must be getting a bad sets of bulbs then from advance.... seriously on my g/f's bugg i swear we go thru like at least 3 sets a year it seems on just the headlight not counting the foglights eitheri basically gave up and plan on gettting her a hid kit as well ........another thing i noticed on the silverstars is the blue light over period of time the blue hue burns away and putting a new bulb beside it in the other light makes the old almost look like a stock bulb........

Sure you're not touching the bulb when you install them?
Old 03-05-2007, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
Cool if your happy...but once you go to HID's you will never want anything else.
yeah ther fine for right now i just didnt feel like buyin the hids right now, but anything is better than those **** stocks
Old 03-05-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

every time i put them in i use latex gloves when they first came out i found out about the no touching on the glass bulb...

Originally Posted by Addicted
Sure you're not touching the bulb when you install them?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by curtisw511
yeah ther fine for right now i just didnt feel like buyin the hids right now, but anything is better than those **** stocks

yea thats all that matters ...
Old 03-05-2007, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

my silverstars last like 4 weeks? idk why maybe i got the wrong ones ors oemthing