Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92/L76 + Thunder CheatR in an LS2 = ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L92/L76 + Thunder CheatR in an LS2 = ???

I have an 06 A4 GTO and I want more a little more go but I'm not interested in a max effort setup as this is a daily driver. I'm looking at putting a relatively small stall in it (Yank SS 3000 or similar) and leaving the stock gearing in it was well. Obviously I'm interestd in the L92/L76 setup for it's value and great performance but I'm looking for a cam to pair with it that would work well with the smaller stall, have a stock-like idle, basically drive like stock and I'd like to keep the stock manifolds with high flow cats, an x-pipe, and a catback but still put down some good power. With the A4 and the stall I'd still like to see somewhere in the neighborhood of 400+rwhp and traps in the upper 11X range. I'm just wondering if the CheatR cam would be a great choice for this application or if I should look elsewhere.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

ttt...
I'm also looking into this same setup. Maybe even the LPE GT-11, how it would work with the L92/L76 Combo also.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by josh99ta
I have an 06 A4 GTO and I want more a little more go but I'm not interested in a max effort setup as this is a daily driver. I'm looking at putting a relatively small stall in it (Yank SS 3000 or similar) and leaving the stock gearing in it was well. Obviously I'm interestd in the L92/L76 setup for it's value and great performance but I'm looking for a cam to pair with it that would work well with the smaller stall, have a stock-like idle, basically drive like stock and I'd like to keep the stock manifolds with high flow cats, an x-pipe, and a catback but still put down some good power. With the A4 and the stall I'd still like to see somewhere in the neighborhood of 400+rwhp and traps in the upper 11X range. I'm just wondering if the CheatR cam would be a great choice for this application or if I should look elsewhere.
Mmm... I like your thinking. But i'd recommend short headers at the least. Maybe even mids. 400whp on stock manifolds might be hard to accomplish. But I guess it's very feasible considering you would be well over 400whp if you had Long Tubes. I know they restrict... but can they be restricting 50whp?
Old 03-11-2007, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

With the stock exhaust manifolds it may be a little difficult.

Look at either the JBA or Edelbrock shorties.

The SLP kit with shaved L92 heads (64cc chamber) and L76 manifold might be a good starting point.
Add on a cam and lifters to that kit (or a similar setup from SDPC) you will be close.

The cam will need to be match'd to the heads.
IE if the L92 heads were just cleaned up but not ported on the exhaust side then a larger split will be needed -vs- a set of ported L92 heads where the exhaust side is worked on extensively and the intake is just polished...

Me I was aiming for 425 and only hit 409... but its a nice daily driver setup (I put about 300 to 350miles on her a week).

Last edited by Bring the Noise; 03-11-2007 at 01:23 AM.