PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there anyway to make EFI Live read an LS1Edit file???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anyway to make EFI Live read an LS1Edit file???

Ok guys I really need some help. I recently had my car tuned with Ls1Edit. The tuner gave me my 2 tunes on a cd. One NA and my nitrous tune. I have EFI Live. I thought it could read LS1edit files?? Its not letting me open them at all. Can anyone help me out??? Do I have any options?? Please lemme know. Thanks

Brian
Old 03-11-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

I suppose I would first try and read the pcm into EFILive. That download will pull the file and save it as an EFILive file.

Perry
Old 03-11-2007, 01:33 PM
10 Second Club

i did that and thats all good. I had my nitrous tune in the pcm and got it just fine. However Id still like to get my NA tune if i want to run on motor.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

Aha, so the tuner gave you a tune with no way to load it into the pcm?

that is his bad. Find someone that had a version of LS1Edit that can load into your pcm and redo the process that was successful with the nitrous tune.

You might try EFILives home page to see if they have a conversion utility for LS1Edit files to EFILive.

When I quit using LS1Edit I still had my software so did all my file conversions through my pcm.

Perry
Old 03-11-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

I would assume one of the two tunes is in the car now. Read and download that file with your ELILive.

Have the tuner upload file two to your PCM. While at the tuner read the second file with EFI Live.

When finished reading and saving file two , the tuner will have to upload your first tune (the one your arrived with), or since you have the file as an EFIlive file you can upload it yourself. Step two is a good way to test that your upload with EFIlive was good. Your backup will be that the tuner has the file and can upload if yours fails.

Uploading and reading the second file shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. The slow part is LSEdit. EFILive is fast.

I've done this since my orginal files were saved as EDIT files. I have both LSEdit and EFILive.

There are more restrictions with LSEdit since most just have the license for their PCM. I have a 98 and there are no license restrictions for 98's with EFILive.

Last edited by dlandsvZ28; 03-11-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:57 PM
10 Second Club

exactly.. I have the nitrous tune in my car right now. I read that and got it save to EFILive no problem. He saved my nitrous and NA tunes to a cd for me but when I try to open the NA tune it wont open it. I thought efi could open both ls1edit and hptuner files.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only way to do it is to flash the LS1 edit file with LS1 Edit, then read with EFI Live

EFI Live can only read EFI Live files and raw binaries (format HPT was originally in), same goes for HPT (only HP Tuners files and raw binaries)

But once the flash is on the PCM, any tool can read it (unless it's locked or a custom OS)
Old 03-21-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Kind of an old post but i had a question..
Say I just got efilive but my car was previously dyno tuned, could i log or scan the dyno tune into efilive? Then change the tune and if I didnt like ti go back?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes as long as the dyno tune isnt locked by the tuner.
You can download it save it. Then mess around as much as you like, you can always go back to the saved version you have. (Just make lots of copies initially in case you lose the file and make a big mess)
Old 03-21-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok so save a lot and dont mess stuff up..
Will this also work with the roadrunner computer?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, just full flash the downloaded tune into the roadrunner as your starter tune for that.