Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Noob Water/Methanol injection Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob Water/Methanol injection Question

Ok so this may be some stupid questions, but I tried to do a search and came up with a couple answers but not all.....So I have a few questions....

1. How often do you need to refill it? How often does it run out?

2. What happens if you run out of it during boost? I take it you have to tune with it so Im guessing it cant be to good...

3. Where can you buy it? I read somewhere that winter windsheild washer fluid works well? Is this true?

4. Do you set up a switch to engage at a certain amount of boost?

5. I dono if this would work but I need to know....say I want to run 5psi (NO METH) would be be able to run 8psi-10psi(w/ meth inj.) at the flip of a switch or something? Like I said Earlier this probably wont work because Im sure you have to tune with it....but is there a way to have 2 different tunes at the flip of a switch?

Again I apologize if some of these have been answered before I just could not find for sure answers....

Thanks!!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Look up Devilsown or Julio at Alkycontrol. Either one can answer your questions. You don't go throught a lot of meth, but if you tune for it with no safeguards, it could be disastrous. I personally run no meth on the wastegate, but when I change to high boost, it comes on. As with any potential power adder, use it cautiously for best results. "Even though it isn't a power adder, it allows you to run more timing and boost, so the same rules apply".
Old 03-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Teching In

http://www.goestores.com/catalog.asp...n&DeptID=81051

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=buy+methanol
Old 03-12-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

some more tips on where to buy meth
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/665169-meth-injected-makes-everything-fast.html

from snow preformance

SafeInjection™

New Improved SafeInjection™uses a flow meter to indicate flow rate and now comes with an adjustable trigger flow level. Boost and timing reduction system for use with the Boost Cooler® water/methanol injection system provides for safety even with the most aggressive tunes. Designed as an add on to the Boost Cooler® water/methanol injection system, SafeInjection™ provides for a safe tune in those instances where no injection is present and an aggressive tune is utilized. This system reduces boost and/or timing anytime injection quantity goes below a set point regardless of the reason (ran out of fluid, clogged line, etc.). This sets your vehicle into a "safe mode" making your tune instantly conservative for the ultimate in safe water/methanol injection.

Last edited by flash12t; 03-12-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

I run Meth with my set up I had a STS meth kit at first and it would come on at say 5 lbs and just spray until I let off they send you 2 jets depends on how much boost you are running. I have then switched to the Snow Performance kit wich is progressive I have mine set to start at 3 and progressivly increase to 15 boost. I run 100% meth I do not mix it. If you have any performance shops or places that sell race fuel they should have Meth there too
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

that safeinjection thing sound pretty cool....so it holds 2 tunes basically?