Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couldnt find anybody else who had this problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default couldnt find anybody else who had this problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so if you've read any of my other threads you know im rebuilding this 98 trans am i bought for 3250. anyways i got power to the whole car other then the starter as im waiting for somebody to send me headers. with that being said heres my problem. its a 98 i dont think they came with remote start but heres whats weird. (factory alarm system lock,unlock,alarm,trunkx2) ok so heres the deal. windows up doors shut no keys in the ignition. i can stand outside the car hold the lock button so the horn honks 1 time. and it turns power on to the car like the key is in the on position. it'll turn my stereo send power to all my gauges, and makes that beep sound like when you leave the key in the ignition with the drivers door open. i've gone through almost all of the wiring and i cant find anything cut spliced rewired or anything wrong. any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

- Scottie

and im also having problems with the battery stayin charged. none of the lights are on and i've been lockin the doors with the keys so it wont turn my stereo on. its a brand new batter 4days old and was dead when i got home today from work.

and as of 3-14-07 the car turns on everything inside the car like the key is in the aux. position when i unlock the doors using my keypad. stock alarm, stock radio & speakers. only changes inside the car are the autometer tach,tras temp,nitrous gauges and the fuse air fuel gauge. i did the install on the gauges except the tach. how is this supposed to be wired so i can make sure it is correct as well. thanks for your input guys. thank you's will be awarded in 6packs if your local or going on power tour

- Scottie
Old 03-18-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

whitebird00 gave me some great advice and some idea's of where to start. but i still couldnt get it fixed.

- Scottie
Old 03-18-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

i decided to sit inside the car and try it to see what happens. i noticed the all the lights were off inside the car when i first started trying this. nothing happened when i locked and unlocked the car. then my airbag light came on and it started doing it. and then i locked the car with the door open using the door panel switch. when i got out and shut the door it turned everything on again. this is the first time this happened without using the keypad. i think i have all the airbag wires plugged in. and as far as i know none of them are tapped into by anythying else. where are all the airbag plugs at and any idea why it only does this when the airbag light is on?

- Scottie