Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Evap emission P0440

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap emission P0440

I have read where the code relates to a loose fuel cap. I not only changed the cap and have tried to reset the check engine light by disconnecting the negative side of the battery as suggested by the dealership and I still get the same code and the check engine light still comes on. What else could it be? It is on a 1999 Buick Le Sebre. 3.8L. My dad gave me his 1981 corvette and I noticed that the gas guage reads way past full and was told that the ground wire was off but, nobody knows where to start looking for it. I have a chiltons manual but it does not address the grounds on the car. Does anyone have any idea where it might be located? Thanks
Old 03-22-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try Newbie Tech for a better reponse dude.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

unplug the battery, touch the negative and positive cables together, this will drain any and all capasitors, dont wry, it will NOT cause a spark or anything (unless you have a capasitor for an amp or somethin, in which case leave unplugged for an hour then do that. ) i am talkin about the cables that go to the battery now, not the acual battery, UNPLUG BOTH CABLES AND TOUCH THEM TOGTHER

Quick Reply: Evap emission P0440