Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Where can i find...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where can i find...

hey guys where can i find a shim kit for my rear? im putting in a new ring, pinion, and auburn posi carrier. ill need like 3 crush sleeves cuz im setting up my rear using the good ole' paint stick method and im sure ill have to set it up a few times lol. i also need a new pinion seal. i searchded a few sponsors but didnt find anything. thx guys!

sorry i should have added, im going to a install 4.10 set. can i use the pinion bearing off my old 2 series 3.08 rear? or will i need a new one? thx!
Old 03-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Staging Lane

the pinion bearing size may be different. I know when I went from 2.56's to 3.42's it was a different size
Old 03-22-2007, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The supporting vendors here can get you just what you need...>>>>>>>

If you are installing new gears, I HIGHLY recommend that you replace the pinion and carrier bearings at a minimum. Its cheap insurance... unless you want to replace the bearings in the near future. How near ?? Could be 5 miles could be 5000... but not worth the headache doing something twice.

You could use the old bearings for set up... tho...

The majority of the 4.10 installs (to include Motive, USGear and OEM) I have done were in at about 0.037". But... mind you... that would merely be a good starting point for you to consider. Every differential is a little different... so use that only as a guidline.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Launching!

well im going from a 3.08 open rear to a 4.10 auburn posi. can i use the same pinion bearing from the 3.08 on the 4.10? im pretty sure the 3.08 is a 2 series and the new carrier is a 3 series, i dont know if this makes a difference with the pinion bearing. how can i find which pinion bearing to use? thanks guys!