Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system routing

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel system routing

Can anyone post some pics of how they routed the fuel lines in a first gen camaro during an LS1 swap? We ordered a rock valley stainless tank, and are using the 99 corvette filter/regulator. We are going to go back to a crossflow muffler from Flowmaster, and I don't want to burn anything. The car has comp. eng. subframe connectors, and the original route path around the spring perch may be a hair tight for both a feed and return line. With the exhaust going back into the original position, we won't be able to run the lines the way they are now (not factory routing). I would like to have at least 6 inches between the exhaust and fuel lines, and also don't want any interference issue with the subframe connectors. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

No pics this is something I've been looking at for the last few days. Are you mounting the filter by the tank. If you are using a returnless system I think you'll only need one line to the fuel rail. If you mount the filter by the tank your return line will only need to be a couple of feet. Not that far yet but I'm trying to decide which side to run the fuel line on. Good luck
Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

We are waiting for everything we have ordered to get here, so we have been doing some planning, and this is one of the important things. I am really wanting to keep the lines on the pass. side, and really thinking about mounting the filter/reg assy within 3 feet of the tank, if possible. The first gens are a mess right at the front of the spring perch, they really didn't plan well for everything running through that area. Exhaust to fuel clearance is terrible in the best of situations. Thought about mounting the filter up on the subframe above the axle, but decided this area would be pretty vulnerable. Will most likely wind up running the fuel lines on the inside of the subframe connectors and subframe (instead of stock outside, and mount the fuel filter up on the subframe. Would love to see some solutions that people have tried that work well though. Not something you want to do over and over again, I hate bending lines.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

I wil get some pics of what I did this afternoon...But be prepared to do a little bending only at each end of the run.

I also went down the pass side(factory), and only modified what happens at the ends. Actually, it was alot eaiser than I thought it would be!

ChrisP
Old 03-30-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

I've running a Rock Valley tank and 'vette FPR, but I'm not using crossflow muffler. Currently running ancient 40-series Flowmasters, soon to be running Borla ProXS mufflers. I used a new 3/8 stainless line from Rick's First Gen, bent the ends of it a little, cut off the host barbs, and swaged on Swagelok tube to AN fittings. The soft lines are Aeroquip socketless.

Quick Reply: Fuel system routing