Sponsored by:

'96 V6 to LS1 swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:05 AM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '96 V6 to LS1 swap questions

Hey everyone,

I have a buddy whose V6 is about to crap out on him. He wants to keep the car and is considering a swap to an LS1. I have pulled an LS1 before and rebuilt it, but I have to admit that my skills are limited beyond that. I have a few questions about what considerations need to be made...

1) Will we need to take the gas tank from an LS1 car? If so, will the V6 fuel lines work?
2) Do we have to use an LS1 K-member, or will his work? If his will work, will any modifications be needed?
3) He's using an auto now but wants to swap to a T-56. What will we need besides the engine, tranny, computer, wiring harness, interior pieces, and pedals to accomplish this? Will we need an LS1 driveshaft?
4) Has anyone found a write-up on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a V6 to LS1 swap write-up in the conversion car website sticky https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....98&postcount=4
Old 04-07-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by G-Body
There is a V6 to LS1 swap write-up in the conversion car website sticky https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....98&postcount=4
Thats a great write up there, I didn't find any talk about v6 suspension vs. ls1 suspension, are there any changes that need to be made here? It will get new shocks and springs either way as I'm going to set it up for the track. Is there anything else? Basically what is the difference between the lt1 and the v6 car going to ls1?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

I've done this, if you run into any specific questions send me a PM.

Quick Reply: '96 V6 to LS1 swap questions