Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so i wrecked my z/28 last nite.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i wrecked my z/28 last nite.....

..so i wrecked my car last nite and im pretty sure theyre gonna total it out, i should be hearing from the insurance adjuster tomorrow..so wut i have come up with is possibly putting my motor and tranny in a 240sx, which i have seen done on here many times now. i really havent read into much but i wanted 2 kno how diffucult it is and possibly wut kind of money im going to have to put into it...any comments or suggestions or anything helpful would be appreciated ...thanx guys
Old 04-17-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 04-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

let me know if you want to sell anything off of it. I'm in pg county, not too far from you.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Before you plan what you are going to do with the parts from your wrecked car, be aware that if the insurance co. totals your car, you don't get the salvage unless you purchase it from them. And, most of the time, the insurance co. will NOT sell the salvage back to you.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

Exactly......unless some one steals the engine and trans out of the car before the insurance company gets the car your pretty much stuck without any parts unless its after market......

Originally Posted by Wardrum
Before you plan what you are going to do with the parts from your wrecked car, be aware that if the insurance co. totals your car, you don't get the salvage unless you purchase it from them. And, most of the time, the insurance co. will NOT sell the salvage back to you.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wardrum
I'm not sure if it varies by state but I know several people who have bought back their totaled vehicles. My buddy bought back his built Mustang GT and bought a decent 4-cylinder LX then we swapped everything over to the new car and he ended up with a better car than he started with plus some cash left over. It all depends on how much the insurance company wants for the damaged vehicle and how much you can strip off of it to use or sell.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

in florida you can buy it back....
Old 04-20-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did you do to wreck the car?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

about any state you can buy the car back. you must make arangements to do so when you agree to have the insurance co. total the car though. also you have the right to reject the insurance co. offer if you feel it's not fair because the insurance co. don't own the car till you sign off on it. I wouldn't reject a offer though unless they won't allow you to buy it back. if you reject it to get more money you loose a fair amount if you have to pay laywer and court costs.

Quick Reply: so i wrecked my z/28 last nite.....