Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with TC

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem with TC

Ok heres my dilema. I origanilly had a fuddle 4k stall 2.6 str and had to get rid of it long story. Anyways, I bought a tci 3k stall 2.2str and sent it to tci to have it restalled and str changed out on it to a 4k a 2.5str. Well, the problem I am having is I cant brake the tires loose trying to brake torque it. It comes up to 2500 and just sits there and wont break them free. This was with my dr's and swapped to my all seasons and still same thing. Also, at the track the best 60ft I could get was 2.1. This is pathetic casue with the old stall i would cut 1.6 all day long. The car would barely flash up and was almost like taking off on it own power and maybe stalling up to 2200. My mods are ms3, longtubes, trual duals, 4.10 gear, rebuilt tranny, hp tunners, and all bolt-ons. I tried riching it up and leaning it out and 60ft never changed. Top end changed but coming out of the whole the car is a complete slug. Now would this be a converter problem. Is my converter to tight and they didn't change the str on it. The tranny shifts on command and have no prob with lock up. Tranny doesnt slip what so ever and does nice crisp shifts. Any info ould be greatly appreciatted.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like the exact problem I had. My car would just stall up to 2k and just sit there and wouldnt break the tires loose or nothing. I found out the trans guy that rebuilt my transmission put the wrong stator support in and it didnt get any torque multiplication. But since you didnt get your trans rebuilt it is most likely an converter issue. I believe the converter has some kind of stator part in it that could be wrong. You will probobly have to send the converter out and get it fixed. When I had my problem I did numerous things got the tune checked send my brand new converter back and that was fine. I ended up buying a stock 4l60e $500 to proove the trans guy wrong so he would fix my brand new built trans. He put the new stator support in my trans and it worked great. They might of put together a regular 4l60e converter I believe for the torque converter to work right it has to be LS1 4l60e specific.

Last edited by RamAir02TA77; 04-17-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:48 AM
12 Second Club

ttttt
Old 04-19-2007, 04:48 AM
12 Second Club

No one has any idea what could be wrong.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

When I had this problem I barely got replies like I said I think your converter is probobly built wrong. Sounds like your not getting torque multipication. BTW I also went to the track when my stator support was messed up which did the same thing where it didnt multiply torque and the best 60 ft I got was like a 2.1 or 2.2.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the reply Ramair02ta77. I'll drop the trans soon and take a look at the stator and see how it looks. I guess calling tci couldnt hurt either.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Yea no problem.... but since you didnt do anything besides change the converter my best guess would be its the converter just not multiplying torque. You will probobly have to send it back to tci to get it fixed. Let me know if you have any more questions.